STEPS – Shi’i Theology, Ethics and Practice Series. Series Two: Marja’iyyah. Click here to watch the second series of videos, listen to Podcasts and download and read the Ebook for further reading.
Aims of the Madinah and Bab al-Ilm Course:
- To assist one to realise their spiritual potential.
- To further one’s knowledge of Islam.
- To enable one to perform the Ziyarah of holy personalities.
- To provide the means for gaining an insight into Hawzah life.
- To facilitate friendship-making with Shias of different cultures and backgrounds.
- To create an atmosphere that is conducive to meaningful reflection.
- To further one’s understanding of the lives of the Ulama and pious individuals.
- To enhance one’s appreciation of Shia Islamic culture, history, and heritage.
- To provide opportunities for recreation and exploring places of outstanding natural beauty.
Please note the information below is subject to change.
The bulk of the participant's learning will take place in Qum. Being the heart of Shi'i learning, Qum is an ideal location for the academic aspects of the course. Some of the topics that have been covered in the past are:
- Qur'an Recitation
- Contemplating on Lessons from the Holy Qur’an
- Strengthening our Connection with our Living Imam (atf)
- Philosophy of Ziyarah
- Prophetic Medicine
- Practical Islamic Laws
Some of the boys gather around the Holy Shrine of Sayyida Fatima al- Ma'suma (sa)
Some of the places and activities in Qum
- Holy Shrine of Sayyida Fatima al-Ma'suma (sa)
- Mount Khidhr
Girls gather in Mount Khidr in Qum
The Group will have an overnight visit to Hamadan, one of the oldest cities in Iran.
- Tomb of Avicenna
- Tomb of Baba Tahir
- Museum of Natural History
- Telecabin ride to the top of a mountain
- Ganjnameh Waterfall
Boys adventuring off to the Caves of Ali Sadr
Participants will spend a day touring the capital.
- Mausoleum of Imam Khomeini
- Behesht-e Zahra (sa) Cemetery
- Holy shrine of Shah-Abdul Azim (as)
Day trip to the Mausoleum of Imam Khomeini
Almost a week will be spent in the holy city of Mashhad
- Holy shrine of Imam al-Ridha (as)
- Meeting with scholars
shrine of Imam Ridha (as) in Mashhad
Nishapur is most famous for being the place where the Eighth Holy Imam (a.s.) stopped to narrate ‘The Golden Chain’ Hadith
- Qadamgah (place of the footprint)
- Shrine of Imamzadeh Mahruq
- Shrine of Imamzadeh Ibrahim
Group picture of Girls in Nishapur
The World Federation carried out various programs and organised various events in Nepal during July, August and September 2019.
Click here to learn all about the religious programs and activities we did to help spread the message of the holy household of Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h).
The World Federation and India Federation are holding two residential camps in India this April.